Stun Gun Laws
Yes, Stun Guns are legal to carry in 40+ states.
All Stun Devices are illegal in the following locations - we are not allowed to ship to anywhere listed below.
No Stun Guns can be shipped outside of the United States, including APO/FPO addresses.
States where Stun Devices are restricted:
- Michigan (From 06/2012, concealed hangun license holders are free to carry stun guns and TASER devices, see latest law)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Wisconsin* (From 11/2011, concealed handgun license holders are free to carry anywhere; all can carry legally in their dwelling, land or place of business, see latest law)
Cities where Stun Devices are restricted:
- Annapolis, Maryland
- Baltimore and Baltimore County, Maryland
- Denison and Crawford County, Iowa
- District of Columbia
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pepper Spray Laws
Yes, Pepper spray is generally legal to carry in all 50 states.
Although generally legal to carry in all 50 states, pepper sprays cannot legally be shipped to some locations.
No Pepper Sprays can be shipped by air or outside of the Continental United States (lower 48), even to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, etc.
We also cannot ship to APO/FPO addresses.
Pepper Spray is legal to carry in some states, but due to their laws we cannot ship there - you must buy from a local store:
- New York
- Wisconsin* (Since 11/1/11 pepper spray is allowed; tear gas still prohibited. See latest laws)
Other states have some apparent restrictions:
- Michigan - only certain types of Michigan-approved pepper spray can be shipped.
- Florida - 2oz limit
- California - 2.5oz limit
- Arkansas - 5oz limit
- North Carolina - 5oz limit
What about minimum age to carry pepper spray?
Age Limits are vague - most states do not specify a minimum age to carry pepper spray. Those that do (New York, New Jersey, Washington) specify 18 years of age. You can carry at 14 in Washington with your parent's permission.
In any other state, 18 years old would be the safest assumption (but may be down to individual officer judgement).
Telescopic Baton Laws
Yes, we will ship telescopic batons to all 50 states.
Unfortunately the laws concerning Expandable Batons are in many cases unclear, and for this reason we do not restrict the sale of batons to any state. Some states restrict carrying of similarly named items such as blackjacks, billys, billy clubs, clubs, saps and several other names.
However there are cases where it was judged that an expandable baton was NOT a blackjack, and therefore NOT illegal even in a state we have listed below. See COMMONWEALTH vs. AMI H. PERRY. This again is another reason why we WILL still sell/ship to any of the 50 states.
No Batons will be shipped outside of the United States, even to Canada. We cannot ship to APO/FPO addresses.
Expandable batons may be illegal to carry in the following states:
- New York
- Washington D.C.
Yes, we will ship kubotans to all 50 states
In the United States kubotans are legal and unregulated, with the notable exception that kubotans are prohibited as carry-on items for air travelers. However, we've heard of (unconfirmed) cases where people have been charged with carrying an offensive weapon with some of the extreme kubotans (with extra spikes, sharpened points, etc).
An offensive weapon is defined as "an instrument designed to be used in attack, or an object which may be used in attack" - which could include a pencil or pen if you wished it to..
For TSA rules, see Transport Security Administration Prohibited Items
The information we provide is strictly for research purposes. It does not necessarily reflect the actual law.
By placing an order, the buyer agrees to the following:
- You have confirmed independantly that it is legal to possess and use the items being purchased in your location.
- You have contacted any local, state and/or federal authorities where necessary, and are acting in a lawful manner with regard to any type of products ordered from, or affiliated with, Clever Chaps, Inc, The Resist Attack Foundation or ResistAttack.org.
- You are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to own and possess the items being ordered.
- Any products received will be used for self defense or training purposes only.
- Any products received will be used for legal purposes only.
- You have read all information on this disclaimer and understand its contents. Also by placing an order, you agree that Clever Chaps, Inc, The Resist Attack Foundation or ResistAttack.org and anyone affiliated with them in any way, has no control over the use of any product ordered. The buyer also agrees that, under no circumstances will you hold Clever Chaps, Inc, The Resist Attack Foundation or ResistAttack.org, the manufacturer, or any Resellers liable for any loss, including any circumstances arising out of the use, or misuse of these products or services it represents.
- All Offers Void Where Prohibited By Law